Thursday, September 8, 2011

So I'm writing you another letter because I can!  And it's a story about this "mock"investigator.  Basically they are volunteers who pretend to be investigators and we teach them throughout our stay at the MTC.  It's supposed to be as real as possible so they have a room set up instead of a classroom and that's basically their "house".  We have to knock on the door and everything and there's no pause or timeouts so it's pretty realistic.  Well, our investigator's name is Lawanna, and yes she is Black!  And we go in our first day to teach her and we knock on her door and introduce ourselves and stuff and you can tell already that it's going to be a tough one.  So we sit down and start to talk to her and we found out she has cancer and a few other things and then my companion just jumps right into the message/lesson we have for her about the restoration.  We are about half way through and Lawanna is like, "Hold up.  I don't get you guys.  Y'all just come up in here and don't even try and get to know me and I don't know you and you just start telling me about this boy who has visions and saw God!"  And I'm thinking, "Oh my fetch.  What are we supposed to say??" So we apologize and just start talking to her about her life and we got on the subject of the Book of Mormon.  So I was getting ready to bear testimony of it and as I was going to, I started to get choked up 'cause I could feel it was something she needed in her life.  So I'm getting ready to talk and she says "Oh, I made you cry?  I'm sorry."  But it just made it worse cause I wasn't planning on crying until she pointed it out!  And then it just unleashed and it was embarrassing and I just blamed it on the Spirit and the rest of the time she wouldn't even look at me!  haha.  It was bad.  So now I'm terrified of her.  And I taught her again today and I didn't cry but I'm pretty positive she hates my guts!  We knock on her door and she answers and is all, "You guys are late!" and I was like "What??  I thought it was 1:35"And she was like, "Fine, if that's what you say!"  So things were already starting bad between me and her.  And earlier I saw her in the hall and didn't say hi because I don't know her real person.  I just know the person she acts like.  So then she looks at me and asks, "So why didn't you say hi to me in the hall??" and I was just thinking, "Uh, because I don't know who you really are other than as this fake person named Lawanna."  So I just tell her I didn't know I was allowed to and then I told her that from now on I will!!  And she is just like, "Na, it's too late for you!" and I said, "What I can't repent  and be forgiven?" and she told me no...And then my comp tried to help me out and say that she saw her too and did the same thing and Lawanna just said, "Oh that's okay!"  I was like, "What the heck?!"  So she hates my guts...haha.  And that's my story for the day.

Love Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment