Dear family:
This is me finishing all of the things I didn't get a chance to put in my email. So on last Wednesday, we went to this member's home to make cupcakes for this wedding the wife is catering. She we show up at 4:00 because that's what time the elders told us to be there by. Well, they told us the wrong time and we weren't needed until 6. But no one tells us that we aren't needed until then so we are just sitting inside this family's home while their four huge dogs drool all over us...until about 6! And the cupcakes were helping make/decorate were supposed to have this giant frosting rose on it but we decided against it and just did two or three small ones instead. So I learned how to make a frosting rose. I just channeled my inner Grandma Marsha skills and made about 10,000 roses...haha! Meanwhile, while we are working our butts off helping this lady, the elders are just lying around doing nothing! And I'm thinking to myself "don't you have work to do?" So ADVICE: Do NOT be a lazy missionary, my brothers and my little sister, too. Because EVERYONE watches you, including the members. And do you think the family we were helping wants to give referrals to two lazy elders? I don't think so. So work hard and be URGENT meaning do not waste your time as a missionary lying around at some member's house. Anyway, so that was an interesting night. I don't know if that made any sense but we basically made a bajillion frosting roses.
So one thing I really wanted to ask was if Riley, Khaled and Dad watched the Priesthood session cause I got the opportunity to watch Elder Holland's talk and HOLY COW! He was awesome. I would have been scared to be in the conference center if I was a young priesthood boy who wasn't making the right choices. But he's right and I wish he would've said that more boldly to some of the guys I went to high school with.
So I've finally gotten sick and you're probably wondering why I said finally. Well it rains so much and it's cold so I've just been waiting to get sick and I did! On SaturdayI got a REALLY bad sore throat and bad body aches. It was weird but it lasted until yesterday which was Monday. But ya I feel better today. My throat is a teeny bit sore but nothing compared to Sat - Mon.
Well, two of our "investigators" (there are quotes because they are more like eternal investigators) are basically just waiting for an answer to know if this is the true church. Maggi, the one with the poop on the floor has been investigating the church on and off for 14 years, hence the name eternal investigator. But we are trying to work with her so that she can see the truth. And our other investigator who is like that is Sonia. So we are working with the two of them.
Well I hope everything is going great! I love you all and miss you!
Love Tay
No comments:
Post a Comment